Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
1,474 Posts
That's pretty sad that someone would steal from kids while taking advantage of the goodwill of local businesses. Hopefully the investigation will provide answers and bring justice to the case.

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
299 Posts
Unfortunately there were some signs early on that Lillyman was not a reputable person, but these got swept under the rug and dismissed as unfair "negativity". As one of the owners of a business that donated a prize to this event....the situation has left me feeling quite jaded. Going forward, I will be very hesitant to give the benefit of the doubt to people without a reputation who are trying to organize these types of events.

This isn't the first time unfortunately. For those that are relatively new to the forum scene, there was an individual who used to run the Manitoba Anglers forum who pulled a similar stunt in relation to exploiting a charity for personal gain. He was eventually figured out, caught by police and deported back to the US (I think he was a fugitive but my memory is getting foggy on that). Anyway....I hope the police are able to make the Lillyman situation right and recover the money he apparently stole.

·
Registered
971 Posts
ty chartrand back at it again

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah that's the guy. I'm getting my details wrong...he didn't run Manitoba Anglers forum...I think he ran the early version of this forum and was suspected to have hacked (and destroyed) the Manitoba Anglers forum. Good riddance to ty.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
260 Posts
Unfortunately there were some signs early on that Lillyman was not a reputable person, but these got swept under the rug and dismissed as unfair "negativity". As one of the owners of a business that donated a prize to this event....the situation has left me feeling quite jaded. Going forward, I will be very hesitant to give the benefit of the doubt to people without a reputation who are trying to organize these types of events.

This isn't the first time unfortunately. For those that are relatively new to the forum scene, there was an individual who used to run the Manitoba Anglers forum who pulled a similar stunt in relation to exploiting a charity for personal gain. He was eventually figured out, caught by police and deported back to the US (I think he was a fugitive but my memory is getting foggy on that). Anyway....I hope the police are able to make the Lillyman situation right and recover the money he apparently stole.
I remember aaron weibe, called out the guy.. because there's a discrepancy, from the donation proceeds from 100% 80% to 20%, people didnt believed it. but we was right

·
Registered
330 Posts
What a bunch of fucking lowlifes.

Related, guy I knew from high school died at 20YO in a freak accident. A couple friends of his put on a huge memorial social to fund a scholarship in his honour. No scholarship was ever set up and they partied all the money away.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts