Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My steady fishing partner and I decided to hit big Windy yesterday due to the warmer -18C day(wind chill was -35C, but hey actual temp was warmer...). With snow and wind in the forecast we decided to take out the sled. Out on the lake the conditions quickly deteriorated to whiteout conditions and was happy to have a partner to help set up each and take down each of our tents without damaging them. With the weather system and low pressure, fishing was tougher, we saw lots of marks, but it was tough getting them to commit. My partners live scope was nice to have to watch which presentations the fish turned their nose up to, and which would keep their interest. We were fishing in 12 FOW and found light spoons did the best today. We ended up icing 20 walleye and sauger and my partner was surprised to land this nice trophy!! I haven't landed into trophy whitefish since I was trout fishing around Flin Flon, was nice to see!! Surprisingly the trophy hit the jig and minnow instead of a shiny spoon which I have used to target them in the past.....

We had whiteout conditions while fishing and upon packing up at 2 pm, the shoreline was not in sight. I asked my partner where he thought shore was and he pointed in the wrong direction, funny how easy it is to get turned around out there. Glad I pack both a GPS and compass with me! Stay safe out there, always be prepared. I was happy I always pack an extra set of plugs which I needed when I flooded the sled starting off......

Wayne

Food Seafood Fish Salmon-like fish Fin

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
Yeah it was fun day out there yesterday! We had a few GPS's tracking our path, and although I didn't venture to where I wanted to, it was good to get out and catch a few. We left the lake at 3pm, and could barely see 10ft in front of the truck.
I am guessing the drifts grew pretty big yesterday -

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, there were numerous drifts out there as we left. I had a large 2 foot drift grow beside our toboggans while we were fishing. Glad I took my sled!

Wayne

1 - 4 of 4 Posts