Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any thoughts on if the whitemud will be fishable around opening day this season? Have some time off and was hoping to make the long trip down. Seems like most places are behind this year and out here (Sask) we haven't had the crazy weather that's hit out there.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i can tell you exactly how it looks as i sit here looking out my window,lol

highest its been in over 8 yrs
current is insane and the amount of debris in the water is insane.

will be alot of boats getting damaged opening day for those who choose to risk it , if conditions dont change in the next 12 days.
Thanks for the info! Sounds like I probably won't be making the trip then if things don't change. Mind updating again around opening day?

·
Registered
4 Posts
i can tell you exactly how it looks as i sit here looking out my window,lol

highest its been in over 8 yrs
current is insane and the amount of debris in the water is insane.

will be alot of boats getting damaged opening day for those who choose to risk it , if conditions dont change in the next 12 days.
The public boat launch near the mouth of the river, are those roads drivable with all the moisture we have experienced?

·
Registered
23 Posts
A friend of mine is out on the Whitemud this weekend. Fishing has not been good. He was jigging with crawlers to target drum, but didn't even get a bite. Only one walleye all day yesterday between three adults after switching to p rigs with minnows. They also tried trolling with cranks to no avail. He figured there is to much current. He didn't mention having problems getting on the river, though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts