Manitoba Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will be camping at white lake next weekend, last time only hooked into a 6" jack! any tips on where its hot in the whiteshell right now?

G

·
White lake is like betula has a black algae problem. I find if on white lake and looking to fish there fishing close to where the WS river comes in or even heading up the river a bit produces some decent fishing. usually just med size pike with the occasional eye in the mix. Although with this warm weather I would not hold your breath on the eyes.

Now just up the road you can hit nutimik and otter falls. Get maps for both cheaper then new boat bottom end. Nutimik still producing Stugeon in the deep holes and up by the falls. Otter Falls can be some wicked smallie fishing specially early morning and early evening.

Good luck and let us know how it went.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry fellas cant report anything, heard there is a fire ban and camping just isnt camping without a fire. Looking for a campground west of the city that offers good fishing and doesnt have a fire ban. Never really camped west of the city, any ideas? Do you think something around Grand Rapids would have a fire ban?

G

·
I was going to say something but figured you knew. The fire ban is only east of Manitoba as of right now.

Grand rapids I have heard is doing pretty good. Just a bit of hike at around 6 hour drive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts