Manitoba Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fishing for walleye and black crappies was not as good as I thought it would be. On Mon. & Tues. I found fish in some of the usual spots, but they weren't biting like last week. I managed to land 3 oversize ( 20" +) and a few nice legal (16"- 17") walleye in the 3 part days of fishing. Released all of them. As usual lots of hammerhandles & a bit bigger jacks that all got released; and a couple of perch that were also released. Wednesday I caught one black crappie ( 12.5") that I released, and one walleye ( 16.5") that I released. I think the walleye have moved away from the spots along the shoreline with the changing winds, warmer air and water temps. and are lurking in the weedy areas out in open water. A lot harder to find them now. A good walleye fisherman from down in the campground spent a lot of time in the middle of nowhere and had some better luck than me on Wednesday. Lots of suspended fish all over the place, all the time - just get them to bite. Water temp. went from 64F on Monday to 71F on Wenesday evening.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts