Manitoba Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning a trip from Alberta what's Lake would you guys recommend Reed lake, Bakers Narrows,, are Clearwater. Headed up the end of March early April thanks

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
803 Posts
April 6th is the Bill Bannock tournament on Clearwater and April 7th is the Flinty tournament at Bakers Narrrows. Athapap is a big lake so you kinda need to know where to go. Clearwater is a little easier but wide open. How you getting around on lakes?

My winter rig
2016 Bearcat 570 XT, Eskimo F1 Rocket 10”, Eskimo QuickFish 3i, Humminbird Helix 5.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We have sleds and quads more sleds and quads pretty rigged up for remote ice fishing other than the one quad depending on the snow depth ,will have GPS spot emergency rescue been doing this for 30 years just need some depth maps of the Lakes ,and I'm not sure which one we're going to yet. What's your choice for time of year end of March or into mid-april four big Lakers thanks for the info

·
Registered
803 Posts
I think your best bet would be Clearwater. Very easy access. With that tournament there you will see where all the holes were drilled. Something about near the “pump house” is all I have heard where to go to. Friends have fished it for big lakers and have been successful. I’ve only been to Wabishkok at end of March but it’s a bit to get at with a quad especially winter and 24” is size limit for any keepers. One only too!

My winter rig
2016 Bearcat 570 XT, Eskimo F1 Rocket 10”, Eskimo QuickFish 3i, Humminbird Helix 5.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah not worried about Keepers all catch and release ,keep the tips coming thank you.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I go up to Flin Flon at the end of March every year. Hopefully they don’t get heavy snow too early. I’ve been up there where slush was more prevalent than dry snow. Restricted us as to where we could or wanted to go. Weather for the most part has been good other than a bad day on Wobby last March. Wind picked up and we didn’t have a shack. We didn’t last long.

My winter rig

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well we booked at Baker's Narrows Lodge now it's just waiting

1 - 7 of 7 Posts