Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, due to flooding I am clueless on where to go for season opening. I thought about Stephenfield (river next to it) or Mary Jane. planning to fish from the shore. Does anyone have information about situation in this lakes? Are they suitable for shore fishing?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Me and my buddy are just going to just try fishing a few spots in Winnipeg, too much uncertainty for us to make a big trip in my opinion. I think most shield lakes should be fine for some hiking/shore fishing but southern MB... I have no idea. Best of luck on opening day sir.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Ya, don't think I'm going to venture out this weekend. Was thinking of maybe the moskwa river but launching into the winnipeg river to get there may be difficult.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Whiteshell has risk of flooding in all lakes there and most trails are closed. Water levels are pretty high right now.
Well damn! There goes my plan b. Yesterday I had a picnic in Munson park with my girl and saw fish jumping like crazy, like one every 15 seconds. No idea what they were but let’s hope they’re biting Saturday! Thanks for heads up.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
I just came from the Red behind subway. Water is flowing super fast and is higher than it's been in years on opening day. The floodway is so high that the road close to it to get to Henderson Highway is underwater. It will probably need a few weeks to get down to the usual levels around this time of year.

·
Premium Member
4,536 Posts
Anyone know how Hnausa dock area looks for ice? Is it fishable?

These winds today, tomorrow and somewhat Sunday will change things in short notice, no way to tell really! This south wind today has moved all the ice northward and is jammed up at the narrows.........tomorrows south west winds may move it away from the west shore depending how jammed up it is. Only time will tell.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Ya these winds kind of shutdown any real faint plans I have. I want to fish but don't feel like taking a swim in these water temps.

Heard Winnipeg river is going to set or had set the record for flow rate. That and a touch of wind will make for some giant waves!

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Anyone know how Hnausa dock area looks for ice? Is it fishable?
Here is a picture taken just now, about 10 miles South of Hnausa. The ice just started to move today from the stronger South wind. There is some open water quite a ways out from shore, but the ice pack along the shore is still locked up and hasn't moved.

Cloud Water Sky Fluid Coastal and oceanic landforms

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here is a picture taken just now, about 10 miles South of Hnausa. The ice just started to move today from the stronger South wind. There is some open water quite a ways out from shore, but the ice pack along the shore is still locked up and hasn't moved.

View attachment 121270
Thanks, well that's what I get for trying to go eairly in the season. Anyone know anywhere that is open of ice 🧊 that is fishable??

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Yesterday's South wind moved a lot of ice pack. Here are a couple of pictures taken from the same spot as yesterday, South of Hnausa. It looks wide open to the South, but to the North, there is still some good ice pack. It will most likely be piled up still in some sheltered bays and towards Hnausa and Hecla. Wind direction will blow it around for a while.

Cloud Water Sky Water resources Fluid

Cloud Water Sky Fluid Coastal and oceanic landforms

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yesterday's South wind moved a lot of ice pack. Here are a couple of pictures taken from the same spot as yesterday, South of Hnausa. It looks wide open to the South, but to the North, there is still some good ice pack. It will most likely be piled up still in some sheltered bays and towards Hnausa and Hecla. Wind direction will blow it around for a while.

View attachment 121275
View attachment 121276
Wow thanks

Looks like I'll try going in a week or two instead.. sorry for hijacking the OPs thread

·
Registered
107 Posts
I heard walleye is biting on White Mud river, anyone can confirm? what about water level?
I think someone mentioned in the link below the water levels are just crazy

1 - 20 of 20 Posts