Manitoba Fishing Forum banner

561 - 580 of 619 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #561 ·
I think there is a good year class of 24-26 inch fish. Also you may have been on a good school of that size fish. The marks by the swivel could have been the swivel or bait fish. there seems to be a lot of over 28 inch fish this year too.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hey Lee... any word on the bite up in Riverton?
me and my buddy drove out on sat and fished the sand bar and it was slow, locals told us there catching between 6-8 in the evening, another local told us he moved his shack across to hecla bay said it was hot out there

·
Registered
481 Posts
So if a guy was to head out to Prudens this weekend what kind of depth would you fish in?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Lee. This is a very cool thing that you're doing with this thread. My son and I are coming to Lake Winnipeg on March 22nd for the first time ever. I've read thru all 57 pages of this, and it looks like each year has different baits that are hot. What would you recommend we bring for this year? And also, what pound test florocarbon leader do you like? Any other advice you could give a first timer would also be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #568 ·
All the baits I mentioned earlier are working. A couple of new ones are a 4inch flutter spoon and a lead spoon with rattles called a rattle stix. I like 8lb flour on the end of my power pro attached with a small swivel. I would use a 4 ft leader, that way you can tell when the fish is getting close to the hole.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Lee - getting all the gear ready for the end of next week trip up by you. I was planning on 8# Trilene XL in clear or green. I typically use 4-6 but was gonna move up a bit for LW. Is this a bad plan or what would you recommend and why? On many vids I see braided lines is there something about not wanting stretch with barbless hooks? I almost always fish right off the sled unless extremely windy so i like mono for line icing.

Your thoughts appreciated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Lee question chalet had the derby is that the only spot that you can drive out on LW. Want to head out on sunday but need road access. What do you recommend ?we are open to location just want to catch some fish and this year sleds were key but this weekend only a 4x4 truck. Is chalet any good that shallow right now?not sure how peeps are doing there ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
HI Lee!

Been enjoying this forum for a while now and always enjoy your posts. Do you take people out fishing for the day and if so what is the charge per person per day?

Thanks for taking time to reply
Is this a good time to be out on L Wpg I am contemplating taking my 2 sons.

......Gerry

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #572 ·
yes I guide on Lake Winnipeg. Rates are $450 for the day. Sorry I am full for the year. Lake Winnipeg is getting good now, but you need a sled to access the lake.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #574 ·
I have used it. I feel sometimes it makes a difference. I do not use it all the time. A good tip is to soak saltys in it then add to your lure

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
450.00 a day eh!! that's some good coin for a day of fishing. Jesus I got to get me a job like that!! Do u guide in the summer as well?? Im thinking of getting into guided whitetail archery hunts I have some real prime locations with very minimal pressure that hold some 150-180 class whitetails on a yearly bassis.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #576 ·
I used to guide for bear, then fishing, then moose hunting, then whitetail, then ice fishing. I only do ice fishing now.

·
Registered
401 Posts
quick question, have you ever gone with the drop shot approach for your deadstick?

561 - 580 of 619 Posts