Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lost a very high end rod/reel combo when the Pike nailed it and took it and the cheap rod holder under the ice.Plus the usual assortment of needle nose pliers,jaw spreaders and came a split second from loosing my camera.Stupid Sorels have cost me some gear over the years :oops:

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
nothing yet, but a few years ago a buddy lost his phone while fishing at Chalet, I told him "perfect, now we can call the fish" lmao.....he didn't think it was funny

·
Registered
70 Posts
nothing yet except for some big fish oh well no big deal that just means they will be there next time

Reactions: Tinman

·
Premium Member
7,687 Posts
St.Croix rod and a pflueger real.
My Nephew met me on the ice once and brought my great nephew along. I didnt have any extra rods with me so I let my Great nephew use my good combo. I had told him to hold on to the rod because it doesnt float. I walked away...took about 8 steps turned around and the look on his face said it all, Down the hole it went. took me 3 hours to finally get it back. Lucky tho.....I hooked my jig with the treble hook I was using at the last minute b4 we left.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
I lost a motorola walkie talkie that we used for chatting between shacks, funny thing is that I lost it while I was reaching to grab my brother in law"s glasses that were on their way down the same hole! :D . Glasses and walkie talkie are still at the bottom of lotw. Last year I lost a St Croix ice rod with Fleuger reel but luckily I keep a five of diamonds with a big treble for just such an occasion. Got it back a while later.
On another trip my nephew dropped his keys down the hole so he was phoning me to drive out and give him and his dad a ride home but as he was talking he hooked a fish and in the excitement dropped his blackberry down the hole! Yike. He got the keys back but the blackberry is gone forever! What a crew I fish with! lol

·
Premium Member
737 Posts
Rod holder and a skimmer. Now I have rod holders that are to big to drop down the hole and I am planning on putting a float on the skimmer.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Last season Ice fishing Lake Winnipeg, the Gf dropped her Iphone3... that sucker slid so bloody fast, it almost seem like it wanted to go for a drink! RIP Iphone3. I told her to keep her pockets zipped! :lmao:

·
Registered
479 Posts
not down the hole...but a buddy of mine knocked my compre with sahara on it over the side of the boat......

·
Registered
30 Posts
last years 24hr ice tourney i seen a guy have the phone on the knee and a fish hit his line he stands up to lose the phone down the hole then loses the fish off his line and all i did was look at him and say "that sucks, dude" lol

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Flashlight, headlamp, today we had a pike drag a rod down but retrieved it, ive dropped two cranks down the hole, ive burned my line on the heater and lost a crank that way too.....ive come inches from losing my phone more times than i can count...

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
Alright fellas, here it comes. Two winters back a bud and I are in the shack at cil early satuday morning. Buddy had a rough one the night before so he took a nap on one of the couches, leaving his blackberry on the shelf as to avoid it sliding out of his pocket and without a doubt the one bounce and 'ploomp' right into a hole. After about an hour or so of me listening to him saw logs his phone rang. I got up off my couch and went to answer his call. "Hellooo---PLOOMP" I dropped it and down the hole she went, a goner. We have a whiteboard in the shack to keep a tally of who caught what, when, etc. When buddy woke up he rubed his eyes, looked over and said "ya catch anything?" I just pointed to the whiteboard where I had scribbled "Lost your Bberry bud, my bad" Soooo one week later Im back at her in the shack early morning, stove blasting, holes drilled, 4 rods in the water (2 guys) and about 1/2 hour into the morning I think is a small sauger on the line, light 'bite', not much fight and harldy any weight. I bring her up slow and at first glimpse down the hole my mouth drops "No F$%&'n way" - Buddies black berry that I river'd one week earlier, I snagged by the corner of the screen. Witnessed, legit. Before you ask, I always get a pic of the big catches...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
No Mike, didnt botter to put it in rice, it was past that point after a week at the bottom of the red. My mama works at MTS so she helped me out and got him a new one. There was mud all over it and the tiny screws were rusting already. I have used the rice trick for an Ipod that fell outta the boat and even my blackberry that spent 6 weeks out in the elements on a dock at BigWhiteshell this summer and its still kickin', though it was in an otterbox.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Talked to a guy today that dropped his brand new Iphone 4S down the hole this morning. He was not a happy camper.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts