Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed to Hecla Campground for 5 nights last Sunday, rain was pretty steady when we got there. Headed out Saturday morning, started marking fish on my new helix 10. Fished in about 22 fow. Fair number of the usual keepers, then my girlfriend hooks a nice 28 1/2 , followed by a 27 1/2, and 28 by me. Charchuse spinners jigs tipped with minnows worked best. Tuesday tenps really dropped and wind picked up, current was strong too, had to move around to find some, but only managed keepers. Wednesday same thing, strong current and cool, but Thursday was a different story. Started off that morning in my regular spots with not much, but current was better and wind was alot better, moved around using the side imaging and started marking, set up in 25 fow, starred getting fish right away, then hooked into a good one, pulled up a nice 28 1/2, followed by a 29, then a 29 1/2. Ended day with about 65 walleye. Didn't fish Friday as we had truck trouble coming up and had to limp the camper and boat home. Over all great week!
l

Attachments

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Nice job!

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Awesome catches! I don't mean to take away from your thread, but just a word of warning that the Hecla Provincial Campground is now closed for the season. I was told that the concrete pipe sewer system is crumbling and even collapsed in places. Extensive repairs are required. On Sunday, Aug. 29th, everyone in the campground was kicked out and all future booking have been cancelled for the remainder of the season.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Awesome! Just a word of warning that the Hecla Provincial Campground is now closed for the season. I was told that the concrete pipe sewer system is crumbling and even collapsed in placed. Extensive repairs are required. On Sunday, Aug. 29th, everyone in the campground was kicked out and all future booking have been cancelled for the remainder of the season.
lirwin4 is correct. My son in law is working there seasonally and said every time they thought they had a fix more crumbled and collapsed. The crew worked thru the weekend but still not repaired/operational as of yesterday AM.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome catches! I don't mean to take away from your thread, but just a word of warning that the Hecla Provincial Campground is now closed for the season. I was told that the concrete pipe sewer system is crumbling and even collapsed in placed. Extensive repairs are required. On Sunday, Aug. 29th, everyone in the campground was kicked out and all future booking have been cancelled for the remainder of the season.
Crap, the morning we left they had started work. But I had no idea it was that bad. We has one more trip booked, guess that's out the window. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yes bad news and unfortunately we had to leave the campground with 24 hours notice....we also had some better fishing in the last week! I guess its day trips now or book a room up there!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah when we were coming back, had to wait about a half hour for the pilot truck. They are putting down the gravel/tar shit around gimli exit..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts