Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure the kind of spider it was but went to bed last night feeling like a champ ready to go hit the river tonight.

I woke up with a right foot the size of a volley ball and 6 different shades of purple. After a checkout from the doc. Seems to be a spider bite. So I am broken for a few days. Laying up and trying to take it easy I got a sturgeon trip this weekend I don't want to miss.

:snag:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah apparently the toxins in this bite attack muscle. They gave me some shot and some antibiotics said is I stay off of it and take it easy for a few days it should be fine since I got it checked out pretty fast. I have to thank my wife for that I usually hospital stubborn. But she put her foot down and demanded I went.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Sorry to hear about the spider bite. I was surprised to see we even have poisonous spiders here in MB. Any indication of type of spider? I had a friend in Texas get bit by a "brown recluse". The medical people there knew what is was by the bite. I hope you get better without any lasting effects.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts