Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions for good walleye fishing within 1-1/2 hrs of Winnipeg, I will be fishing from a boat and also are there any hazards or lakes to avoid?

·
Administrator
799 Posts
Any suggestions for good walleye fishing within 1-1/2 hrs of Winnipeg, I will be fishing from a boat and also are there any hazards or lakes to avoid?
Please refrain from asking for locations.

There is lots of great information on this site. Please feel free to browse through the various threads on Walleye fishing and different lakes.

There is also now information on our homepage that directly links to various lakes with contours and stocking information.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Try pine falls. Its around an hour and a half drive. There's walleye there. Use a navionics map on a gps fishfinder or download the navionics app on your phone as there are lots of rocks/hazards that are marked on the map.

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
Boat launch is a double, meaning if people know how to back their trailer in two boats can load or unload at the same time. Should be able to unload 40 boats in an hour.

Reactions: Garry

·
Registered
656 Posts
Please refrain from asking for locations.

There is lots of great information on this site. Please feel free to browse through the various threads on Walleye fishing and different lakes.

There is also now information on our homepage that directly links to various lakes with contours and stocking information.

What is wrong with the question? Is this not what this forum is for ? Can a person now not even ask what lake may be good or hazards to look out for.

I think its gotten out of hand when a lake is secret. Unless the whole entire lake is your spot.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Anyone know how Minnewasta is out by Morden for walleye? Got family out that area so thinking of trying that lake.
They claim to have stocked that lake a couple years back with walleye frys, but that was a joke and a half.... Thanks to the outfishing in the late 90s that lake has never recovered from that incident.. The only thing u will catch/ gerenteed to catch is crappie and maybe just maybe a pike. I've been fishing that lake for over 10 years now and only caught maybe 7-8 walleye out of that lake. With fall being around the corner your best bet is to head north for walleye. (Examples like the red, pinefalls being the best from whah ive heard.) the lakes down here seem to go quiet once the cold comes around until winter. Onces There's ice the bite heats back up.

·
Administrator
799 Posts
What is wrong with the question? Is this not what this forum is for ? Can a person now not even ask what lake may be good or hazards to look out for.

I think its gotten out of hand when a lake is secret. Unless the whole entire lake is your spot.
A lot of members have been complaining about new members just posting asking for spots or lakes or freebies. There is tons of information on this forum that can help you make a educated guess on where to target what species at what time, with what tackle.

No lake is a secret, and I never once said that. Just asked politely not to ask for locations and to do a little research.

I have even posted the Stocking Data/Lake Contours from the Government on our Home Page.

Again, there are various threads on here that have tons of valuable information.

If, for some reason you are offended Darren, please feel free to PM

·
Registered
74 Posts
If someone posts that they caught lots of fish or big fish and someone seeks the location, admin would be correct to post this response. Not the case here, seems like a question my wife may post if she wanted to take the family fishing . Whatever Darrenf442 sent double it for me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.