Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have cottages rented in 2 weeks. Fished most lakes in nopiming, but never Wallace. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
832 Posts
It’s been 10 years since I was at Wallace. Never had good luck. Way better on Siderock but can only get to it up the creek if water is high. One year we dragged my 14 footer over the shallow spot at Siderock. Good thing it was a sand base.

Summer rig: 2009 Crestliner 1700 Fish Hawk, 90 Merc 4S, Minn Kota PD V2 AP, US2, Humminbird 788Ci, Humminbird 570.

·
Premium Member
4,426 Posts
Have cottages rented in 2 weeks. Fished most lakes in nopiming, but never Wallace. Any advice would be appreciated.
Stayed at Wallace Lake Lodge for 4 days this past September, great accommodations................can't say the same for the fishing. Have been making Sept. trips to various places, same group of guys (some average, some very good fisherman)..........first time at Wallace and the last. We now refer to this trip as the"No Fish Lake" trip. My fishin buddy and I did catch about 20 Walleye, many in the group only caught a few but several caught none. Spoke to some locals on the water, many told us that fishing has been poor since the lake was netted out several years back. Guides who were working out of the lodge, mostly doing fly-ins I guess and getting ready for hinting season, were really surprised we caught some Walleye!

My advise, great place, maybe go do some fishin, don't expect too much, enjoy the surroundings....................but consider making some trips to close by lakes, Windsock seems to be a favorite day trip.

·
Registered
1 Posts
across for the boat launch to the left on the far side of the lake is a rock island and small bay usually pretty good there. just need to find what they are looking at. nothing monster size but good eaters

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Back from Wallace. As described above fishing was poor. Lodge and surroundings were great. We booked again to go next year, and I think I’ll leave my boat on the trailer and do day trips into surrounding lakes.

Also the road was brutal! Washboard was so bad...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts