Manitoba Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day all!

I am looking to upgrade from my old Humminbird 400TX to something a bit more modern. Need some experienced advice on which sonar you'd recommend on a budget. Would like to keep it under the $600 mark. Of course I'd love it to have every feature available but understand that will not be reality in that price range. Thoughts?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Luckily its a great time to upgrade, new models are coming out and old ones are going on clearance. The humminbird helix 7 G2n are on clearance and are a really good choice. Garmins are on clearance so are Lowrance . some between 200 and 500 off. Cabelas are and radioworld are having good sales. Basspro has there 6 easy payments. ( basspro is about the same price as anywhere else even with the exchange rate )

But most are in the 7 inch screen.

·
Registered
388 Posts
There are a lot of really good options in that price range. If you are not stuck on a particular brand. With the advancement in technology and depending on the area you fish you may also want to consider if having maps on your unit is something you may want to have. If you are fishing in the southern part of the province (nopiming and whiteshell) You may want to look at Anglers edge Mapping (AEM) their data is amazing and is a tool that you can use to help catch more fish. If that is something that interest you a Lowrance unit is what you would need. There are some great units like the Hook 5 or 7 that could work for you. Just another option.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was just looking at the lowrance units at cabelas yesterday. Although the prices are a bit high for what I was looking at, it seems to me they have more of what I’m looking for. I see now I may have to pay a bit more for certain features like the downscan imaging etc. Of course I came across the new live scope system for the panoptix...so cool!!! But probably not ready to dish out the cash for something that costs twice as much as my boat lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts