Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
141 - 160 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
What is he doing for work now? Can't be doing Uncut full time anymore which is too bad. Jay Siemens has been killing it all winter with content wish aaron was doing the same

Reactions: Daysoff

·
Administrator
1,464 Posts
What is he doing for work now? Can't be doing Uncut full time anymore which is too bad. Jay Siemens has been killing it all winter with content wish aaron was doing the same
Jay's videos are good but they never have the same "wow" factor as an Uncut video. Aaron is really the type who likes being unique and ensure his work really stands out. Which is why he rarely releases videos I feel.

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
547 Posts
Jay's videos are good but they never have the same "wow" factor as an Uncut video. Aaron is really the type who likes being unique and ensure his work really stands out. Which is why he rarely releases videos I feel.

I'll take one truly awesome video from the G.O.A.T. every once-in-a-blue-moon to a mediocre video every other day. I'm certainly not saying Jay's vids are mediocre (they're not!) but just saying, quality trumps quantity...

·
Registered
5,177 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts

I mean that's kind of the Jontron argument which I doubt you know who that is but he pulls in 1M views with in 24 hrs.

Aarons videos maybe hit 250k if he is lucky lifetime

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
I'll take one truly awesome video from the G.O.A.T. every once-in-a-blue-moon to a mediocre video every other day. I'm certainly not saying Jay's vids are mediocre (they're not!) but just saying, quality trumps quantity...

But here's a question for you. When Jay puts out a new video, would you rather watch it or watch an old video Aaron put out before? Personally, I'll watch new content or reruns all day. New vs. new is another story, but new vs. old isn't even a competition. The only exception is if I'm after specific content (e.g.. fishing Caddy lake for crappies) then I'll seek out old content to rewatch.

·
Registered
964 Posts
But here's a question for you. When Jay puts out a new video, would you rather watch it or watch an old video Aaron put out before? Personally, I'll watch new content or reruns all day. New vs. new is another story, but new vs. old isn't even a competition. The only exception is if I'm after specific content (e.g.. fishing Caddy lake for crappies) then I'll seek out old content to rewatch.
Youtube has long since switched to more content with a proper schedule equals more clicks.

There is no reason Uncut couldn't have done a weekly one off 10 min video and still done a big video every month or even quarter.
We all still would watch

2 months between videos is pretty bad.

Reactions: abousetta

·
Registered
547 Posts
I will just say this...... the "back catalogue" of UA vids is absolutely fantastic, and if you haven't gone back and watched 'em in awhile, it's worth your time. My wife, cousin and I are all huge fans of the YouTube fishing crew, with Aaron the undisputed GOAT...... and whenever we're sitting around having drinks, we almost always throw on old UA vids. We tend to focus on the hardwater ones during that season, and then open-water during that season. But man, some really really GREAT videos over the past (almost) decade...

·
Registered
964 Posts
Best news possible for Uncut. She was terrible. He should be full force this year!
Looking forward to his new era

141 - 160 of 173 Posts