Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
No limit on trash fish, wow is right, guess it just depends on where you live!
It's funny that we in MB are shocked by this, but walleye are an invasive species in British Columbia. A Science Advisory Report (2010) from the Fisheries and Oceans Canada stated that "overall risk posed by Walleye to British Columbia’s aquatic ecosystems was determined to be high with a moderate uncertainty".

DFO. 2011. Science Advice from a Risk Assessment of Walleye (Sander vitreus) in British Columbia. DFO Can. Sci. Advis. Sec. Sci. Advis. Rep. 2010/086. http://www.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/Library/343828.pdf

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
I've heard that Youtube is making it tougher for folks that post there to make money off of videos. A lot of full-time YouTubers have been complaining about that. Tough when your main business outlet starts to cut you off like that.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Guess I need to get 100k subscribers for the secret to big pike. Surprised it took him this long to get 100k considering the quality of his content.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Not really surprised, as he mostly promotes just Manitoba, I think 39 Hours was the biggest boost for getting subscribers. Would like to see a repeat of that format.
Thumbs up for being modest enough to tell people to check out other YouTube links.

·
Administrator
1,464 Posts
Not really surprised, as he mostly promotes just Manitoba, I think 39 Hours was the biggest boost for getting subscribers. Would like to see a repeat of that format.
Thumbs up for being modest enough to tell people to check out other YouTube links.
I guess that's true that people will enjoy shows that are applicable to their region and that is what is most important. It's just a demographic thing.

We may rag on the Googan squad for getting overexcited over some pond bass. I guided kids from the southern states. They mentioned they liked watching Youtubers like Jon B. and Alex Peric but they never heard of Uncut Angling. After all down there fishing in small ponds for bass is pretty common so it's nice to have someone you can relate to.

Though I do think Aaron should receive more recognition for his work.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 173 Posts