Manitoba Fishing Forum banner

transducer wanted

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  GordF 
#1 ·
looking for a working XNT 9 DI T transducer one i was given with the used faulty unit i purchased does not work,after being garranteed by seller that it did According to PTG electronics it does not put out enough power .
Or might just sell the whole lot a 788 ci di with 3 tranducers 1 xnt 9 DI T and 2 xnt 9 20 T have over $400 invested to date after repairs from PTG make me a resonable offer
At least if you purchase mine you are getting the truth and not some BS story like i was given by a very specail precious person who i thought i could trust

#7 ·
I didn’t think you could splice it either but I had to google it. As long as it’s soldered and has a tight waterproof seal you’re good. If you lost any part of the shielding, guys have wrapped tin foil around the fix before a final waterproofing.
I didn’t think you could splice it either but I had to google it. As long as it’s soldered and has a tight waterproof seal you’re good. If you lost any part of the shielding, guys have wrapped tin foil around the fix before a final waterproofing.

Winter rig: 2016 AC Bearcat XT 570. Eskimo F1 Rocket, Eskimo 3i, Humminbird Helix 5 ice, 788Ci.
Once I shortened a damaged cable by carefully replacing the plug that goes into the head. I replicated the shielding and sillicone sealed the repaired area that was NOT exposed to any moisture. By all indications the fixed cable worked perfectly until I realized that the depth where the boat was moored (at the cottage) got deeper by 5'. Took the boat out and the depth readings were bouncing about, lots of surface clutter and the head displayed a hard clear bottom where I knew it was silt and vegetation. Given the wattage and bi-directional frequencies any change to the cable properties will affect the output accuracy. Personally I don't think those things are repairable or worth the money spent when one may not be able to depend on the accuracy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.