Manitoba Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching for some time now with no luck.
When i was young, i use to fish with my dad with quad, trailer, and 12' boat strapped to it. We would get into Birse, Shinewater, Marijane, Trapline, Wilson, so many others. That was over 15yrs ago though... i havn't a clue on how to get there again. There is ample quad trails leading to these places, but where can a guy get a map to get himself familiar with the area again with rough trail guidelines?

I know i'll probably get no public replies because some of these lakes produce great fish and people don't want it to turn into LW, and i get that. But since i already have been there and know the quality of some of the lakes, all im looking for is a refresher on how to get there again.

I'd rather spend the gas and energy fishing, than charting out quad trails with GPS and spending hours out there hoping to get lucky at finding the right path.

·
Premium Member
4,398 Posts
DefiantOne said:
I've been searching for some time now with no luck.
When i was young, i use to fish with my dad with quad, trailer, and 12' boat strapped to it. We would get into Birse, Shinewater, Marijane, Trapline, Wilson, so many others. That was over 15yrs ago though... i havn't a clue on how to get there again. There is ample quad trails leading to these places, but where can a guy get a map to get himself familiar with the area again with rough trail guidelines?

I know i'll probably get no public replies because some of these lakes produce great fish and people don't want it to turn into LW, and i get that. But since i already have been there and know the quality of some of the lakes, all im looking for is a refresher on how to get there again.

I'd rather spend the gas and energy fishing, than charting out quad trails with GPS and spending hours out there hoping to get lucky at finding the right path.
You might start with the Manitoba edition of the Backroad Mapbook, Outdoor Recreation Guide!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mint! That is a great start... how the heck has this never come up in my searches? Never did use the word backroads...
Thanks man.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts