Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been catfishing for almost as long as I can remember. I would not even care to guess at how many Catfish I have caught in my life yet every time I go out for some personal time with the kitties it is like I am a little kid again. With the first bite I can feel the ear-to-ear smile on my face. The first bump, the tell tale tap tap tap of the weight on bottom as the cats runs sideways, and the anticipation as you drop the rod to fish before to you set. Within seconds you know if it is a good one as the little ones go bonkers as soon as they are hooked. The big ones, they either don't know they are hooked or are not to worried about it, as if breaking some poor anglers line is a regular occurrence and a forgone conclusion. They feel like a submarine and often swim right to the boat before they figure out what is happening and decide to test out exactly how much of a bend they can put in your rod. Is there anything better on earth than a quiet lazy evening in the boat on the greatest cat water on the planet which happens to be 20 minutes from your back door.....not for me.

Hit the river alone last night to clear my head. Took unusually long to get a few Goldeye as I was being lazy and didn't want to move around much. By 8:30pm I got anchored on one of my favorite edges, high water dependant of course and landed 6 nice whiskers between 15 and 20 lbs, longest was 34.5 inches. I missed a few other bites before I thought it best to pull up anchor at 9:45pm before it got dark. Not the time of year to be out in the boat after dark with big floating tree potential, besides netting those bad boys by yourself in that current takes its toll.

The river is dropping and the fishing is really picking up. Time to get out there.
For info on guided trips please check out our website at http://www.blackwatercats.com

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.