Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of installing a new Terrova 80#, 60", 24v on my Lund Pro Guide. I've completed the wiring and am now doing the motor install using a Minn Kota MKA-21 quick release mount. From the mockup it seems the screws with go through the gunwale of my 1825. Does anyone have any pics of an install on a Pro Guide 1725, 1775, 1825 or 1875?
Thanks.

·
Administrator
1,508 Posts
I don't have a quick release bracket for my Terrova on the 1825 but I did have to go through the gunwale (can't remember if it was one bolt or two, my boat isn't with me at the moment and I can't recall the bolt placement).

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,536 Posts
Yup, take a DEEP BREATH and give it shit.......both of my boats required at least one hole thru the gunwale using that same bracket. Pretty sure most brackets needing to be mounted close to the edge of the boat would need the same.......just make sure you can fit the nut on the other end and the bolt isn't too long!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup, take a DEEP BREATH and give it shit.......both of my boats required at least one hole thru the gunwale using that same bracket. Pretty sure most brackets needing to be mounted close to the edge of the boat would need the same.......just make sure you can fit the nut on the other end and the bolt isn't too long!
A bolt too long isn't an issue. I need two LONGER BOLTS. I need two SS countersunk bolts 1/4" x 20 at least 3 1/2" or 4" and can't find them. The bolts supplied are 3" and won't go completely through the gunwale allowing me to put a nut on the bolt. I've checked Home Depot, Princess Auto, Peavey Mart. Any suggestions? Adams on Wall Street?

·
Premium Member
4,536 Posts
A bolt too long isn't an issue. I need two LONGER BOLTS. I need two SS countersunk bolts 1/4" x 20 at least 3 1/2" or 4" and can't find them. The bolts supplied are 3" and won't go completely through the gunwale allowing me to put a nut on the bolt. I've checked Home Depot, Princess Auto, Peavey Mart. Any suggestions? Adams on Wall Street?
I believe I never had any need for any different nuts and bolts other than what was supplied with the bracket........but somewhere in the back of my mind I have a faint memory of maybe needing longer bolts for an install several years ago, I do remember adding larger s/s washers though, so that may have been the reason for a longer bolt.....not totally sure.. I have installed 4 Terrova's with that bracket, two were my boats and 2 were for buddies. In three of those installs a bolt (or two) went thru the gunwale, in one boat the gunwale was pretty narrow and that install didn't require it. I'm thinking in boats that have extruded aluminum gunwales that incorporate a track system, (they are wider) may need a bolt thru the gunwale. If I recall correctly, the bolt(s) actually went thru (or very near) the track portion of the gunwale. The gunwale would be thicker than the 3/4 ply used for the bow plate, so makes sense that longer bolts may be needed, might be a case where it depends on the shape of the extrusion between manufacturers, some may be a different shape where the supplied hardware would work, some maybe not.

I would hit up Adam's Supply or The Bolt House, they carry what ever you need.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
a side note to my Terrova installation question. I bought my Terrova at Holiday RV & Marine in Steinbach. I would highly recommend them. Not only were they the only retailer I could find that had inventory, their "Prince of Parts" Rob Pitura is knowledgeable and helpful. Their pricing is better than I could find at other major retailers. My first experience with Holiday RV. I've since set a fishing buddy there and he too purchased a Terrova.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts