Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Snot rocket run is still happening :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Went Walleye fishing today with a bunch of people and proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that i really and truly SUCK AT IT :shock: :shock: :shock: So when it became obvious that neither i nor my bud were going to catch anything we relocated and changed species.Sadly Jim didn't stick around for long to test his luck hunting Gators :cry: :cry: Pretty sure he would also have managed a few over the magic 40" mark :cool:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,860 Posts
You got some over 40??

Hey is there usually anyone at FPB on a Monday morning? If I venture out there do you think I stand a good enough chance of someone being there who'll punch a couple holes for me? I couldn't make it out today cause everyone's too chicken when they hear about the ice thickness.

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Show up Wednesday if this day works for you.A certain longhaired Timmies addict will be there :)

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SISIF said:
It's an Albino Northern Pike!!!! :shock:

Ya,that could work.
Managed to slime up my camera lens without realising i had done it until i checked the pictures later

·
Premium Member
1,860 Posts
Ahh what the hey, I'm going tomorrow morning.... I've no flasher yet, but I'll post some pics showing you guys how it's done. :p I WILL be wearing a life jacket, and proud of it!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Beauty fish BB, one day this week will be my first trip can't wait! Gonna get all my stuff together today and header to the red one morning I heard the ice was good at Sugar so thats where I will be. Hopefully a few other guys out there, always nice to have some others around during first ice. Can't wait to try the scroll graph on the new x-67.

·
Premium Member
1,860 Posts
How did you do today BB?

Tuesday was super windy, finally got set up and fished 930-330. All I had were some fairly old salted minnows. Pretty slow, just caught 2 saugers and 1 greenback about 20-21".

Didn't expect to catch a sauger when I put this lure on.

·
Registered
479 Posts
KFD-18 said:
Beauty fish BB, one day this week will be my first trip can't wait! Gonna get all my stuff together today and header to the red one morning I heard the ice was good at Sugar so thats where I will be. Hopefully a few other guys out there, always nice to have some others around during first ice. Can't wait to try the scroll graph on the new x-67.
How thick was the ice.... looks like 5-6''? Thought It would have been thicker with the colder weather. Were u at the FPB?

·
Premium Member
1,860 Posts
KFD, it really wasn't, it's just the angle and how it turns out when you take a pic of a fish by yourself.

It was FPB. 6" of ice. Several people out there. I may have went a bit too far out, a guy a bit closer in caught a 39" and 41" pike in the morning.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts