Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We started off just north of Stu's on the beach. Only landed 5 from 8pm tell midnight. Some guys about 40 feet from us where having a pretty good night I lost count at just over a dozen between the 3 of them. We packed up and went farther up river to a little hole I like to fish on the east side before Selkirk we sat there for 2.5 hrs and just slayed the cats landing an additional 27 cats. Out of the bunch 11 masters where landed biggest being 37.5" and weighing in at just shy of 23lbs.

Alot of big thick females for this late in the year, usually we see more of our long thin black males this time of year. Even our resident cat fishing expert and guide from Blackwater Cats has been seeing full blown out and pregnant kitties over the past few days. I have to say due to the river conditions this year I think our Kitties have been thrown for a loop. I am concerned that if the Cats are still spawning this late in the year it could be a disaster for the young with the cold weather getting ready to settle in. Cat fish are a pretty hardy species and I hope that this does not effect the future of our great cat fishery. I am sure this is something that is on the minds of alot of Avid cat fishing gurus like myself.

·
Registered
42 Posts
We were there Friday night - picked up around 12:30 to 1am. Too bad it satrted to pour soon after it picked up. Biggest was 28 3/4 inches and 27 pounds. Most were females like you said.

·
Premium Member
7,687 Posts
masternaglerpc said:
We were there Friday night - picked up around 12:30 to 1am. Too bad it satrted to pour soon after it picked up. Biggest was 28 3/4 inches and 27 pounds. Most were females like you said.
Would that be 38 3/4" and 27 pnds? 28 3/4 and 27 pounds would be very very fat!Good for you anyways!
I have been out catting about 2 times and got skunked both times!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
Nvisible said:
Some guys about 40 feet from us where having a pretty good night I lost count at just over a dozen between the 3 of them.
That was me and a couple of my buddies.

Caught about 5 more after you left. We were also lockported by a group of six people all in that spot you were in! Dumbasses were stepping all over my stuff and being way too nosy with my gear and bait. So, we left shortly after that.

Rich

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice. Yeah you guys looked like you guys had a pretty good run at it. My wife was laughing cause I left my Glowstick at home that night she said it could have been a convention.

Glad you guys had a good night out there. I will probably be out again this up coming weekend

1 - 7 of 7 Posts