Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I ordered a new Lund Pro Guide and will need to add some electronics. I'm not a tourney guy but still a pretty hard core weekend guy so I don't need top of the line but want something decent. I'm kind of a Humminbird guy so I was thinking the 597 ci HD di.....anyone got any experience with this unit?? or something similar??

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I won't be buying anything until the boat show as Humminbird will have a booth setup and I want to see what my options are, thanks for the heads up though

·
Premium Member
4,449 Posts
Tinman said:
so I ordered a new Lund Pro Guide and will need to add some electronics. I'm not a tourney guy but still a pretty hard core weekend guy so I don't need top of the line but want something decent. I'm kind of a Humminbird guy so I was thinking the 597 ci HD di.....anyone got any experience with this unit?? or something similar??
I have that exact unit, used all last year, FANTASTIC. The HD DI is amazing, great detail, no issue with the unit at all. Not the highest end unit but certainly a great choice the the hardcore weekend angler. I use it along with the Standard Horizon chartplotter,, but am certainly going to buy the new Navionics card for the HB for the coming year. Only piece of advise, take your time setting your transducer, may take a few trips to get it just right, to ensure you get a good DI'ing image while under power or trolling.....takes a bit but it's worth it.

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
walleyeman said:
Tinman said:
I have that exact unit, used all last year, FANTASTIC. The HD DI is amazing, great detail, no issue with the unit at all. Not the highest end unit but certainly a great choice the the hardcore weekend angler. I use it along with the Standard Horizon chartplotter,, but am certainly going to buy the new Navionics card for the HB for the coming year. Only piece of advise, take your time setting your transducer, may take a few trips to get it just right, to ensure you get a good DI'ing image while under power or trolling.....takes a bit but it's worth it.
Sounds awesome, thanks for the advice.....would I be able to check out how your transducer is mounted?

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
I have a 1675 pro guide and put a 798si in it last spring, love it, it fits in the lockable cabnit perfectly. I have the external antenna for the gps and the guy at the fishing hole said that might be the best option for me as I have the head unit in a compartment. You will love the pro guide they are unreal.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I think our new 1725 Lund Pro Giude would look good with the 1198c SI Combo.

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Colin All Fish said:
does it come out of your allowance??

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Tinman said:
Colin All Fish said:
does it come out of your allowance??
half the other half comes out of your allowance lol, Colin great to see such an interest from you in fishing you are a lucky kid to be riding in a sweet new boat. whatever finder you guys get your jaws will drop at how fishable that boat is, now all you gotta do is wait 4 1/2 months
:(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts