Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has any insight on whether or not that free extra battery deal with the Strikemaster 40v augers will be happening this year? Id like to pull the trigger on one while places still have stock but I'll kick myself if I do it now and they bring that battery deal out in November or something.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd call LOTW Sport Headquarters, Fishin Hole and others that have had them at the Ice Fishing show before. They may be able to tell you.
Good point, I'm based out of Brandon so local options here are either Jo Brook or Canadian Tire (they have some 8in in stock). Someone asked on the Jo Brook page and they were less than helpful so I'll keep an eye on Cabelas or LOTW/FH.

Thanks!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UPDATE:

Emailed LOTW Headquarters and here's what they said "Strikemaster usually tells us by now about that deal and we havent heard anything yet so far, as well as a shortage of batteries this year so cant say for sure but my guess is that its not happening."

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
The promo is usually late November. Not sure if I'll happen again.
Right now Pokeys Tackle has the 8" for $749 and 10" for $779 and the option to add a second battery for $99...but it's also $50 shipping...

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I would honestly go with the new Lithium Pro 40v w/ updated 6ah battery and added lite flite. No need for a second battery then.

Pre-order price is the cheapest price that will likely ever be...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would honestly go with the new Lithium Pro 40v w/ updated 6ah battery and added lite flite. No need for a second battery then.

Pre-order price is the cheapest price that will likely ever be...

I did have a look into this one but at $990 and Out of Stock on Rapala Canada's website, I'm not too worried about it. For an extra 1ah on the battery and a little less weight but $200 more than the 10in 40V lithium, I dont personally think its worth it, but to each their own.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was waiting as well for the same reason. Thanks for starting this thread. Looks like we might have missed out.
Yeah kind of typical for me, hum and haw for long enough that the deal doesn't exist anymore. Not that I need 2 batteries, I'm not going to be drilling 200 holes a day, but sure was a good deal for those who did get it hah. I did pull the trigger on a 40V from LOTW Sports HQ, ordered on a Saturday night, had it on my doorstep on Tuesday so I'm super excited for some ice to try it out!

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Yeah kind of typical for me, hum and haw for long enough that the deal doesn't exist anymore. Not that I need 2 batteries, I'm not going to be drilling 200 holes a day, but sure was a good deal for those who did get it hah. I did pull the trigger on a 40V from LOTW Sports HQ, ordered on a Saturday night, had it on my doorstep on Tuesday so I'm super excited for some ice to try it out!
Hope you ordered it last weekend. Everything was 10% off.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I did have a look into this one but at $990 and Out of Stock on Rapala Canada's website, I'm not too worried about it. For an extra 1ah on the battery and a little less weight but $200 more than the 10in 40V lithium, I dont personally think its worth it, but to each their own.
Presale special price for the Lithium Pro when I posted it was $879 at LOTW. The 1ah extra may not seem like much, but with a lighter lite flite, the 6ah battery lasts all day and then into the next too. No need for a second battery and once you use a composite lite flite, you can never go back to steel.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Presale special price for the Lithium Pro when I posted it was $879 at LOTW. The 1ah extra may not seem like much, but with a lighter lite flite, the 6ah battery lasts all day and then into the next too. No need for a second battery and once you use a composite lite flite, you can never go back to steel.
SereneCarbine...... How do the composite flights stand up in thick Lake Winnipeg ice, like the 40" stuff and using an extension? Thanks, Ron

·
Registered
769 Posts
I have the composite and it works great. Only problem is because of the larger hexagon shaft it won’t fit in my jaws of ice carrier. I understand the company has been sold. I’m not sure if there are larger brackets available to fit the lite flight.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts