Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Multiple forum members and people I know have told me the trout were stocked this year, I SAW the truck with the big storage tank full of fingerlings coming back into Winnipeg area from out east, so why don’t they update their numbers online? With ice season fast approaching I would love to be able to look at which species and how many have been put in the stocked lakes to make the most out of first ice (like in previous years), so it’s frustrating that this isn’t possible when the fish have obviously been stocked. Maybe I’m missing something, and maybe they are just understaffed, but it should be better.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would also like to find a similar online site about the stocking program . Also information about winter kill stocked trout lakes . I believe the Duck Mountains trout lakes had winter kill problems last year . Were they partial kills or complete kills ? I usually make a couple trips a year to the Ducks but not last summer . Nothing burns me more than wasting a day on a winter killed trout lake .

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts