Manitoba Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never fished for cats on opening weekend. What's some good baits to use in the spring don't think I'll get my hands on some sucker sadly any other options?

·
Banned
2,828 Posts
Chanel cats are Chanel cats are Chanel cats... Spring summer fall winter. Their diet doesn't change much. Use whatever is at your disposal. Some days frogs work better, some days worms work better, some days homemade stink bait works best.... Etc...

Use what you got. It's the one specie of fish you dont need/have to go out of your way to get a certain bait that'll get you fish.

Presentation and location is more important then the type of bait.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Shrimp has caught me masters all season long, that being said, cats will eat just about anything you stick in their face. Fish, frog, hotdogs... beef, bacon, livers. Just get it in front of them and they'll inhale it Lol

·
Banned
2,828 Posts
I've made my own stink bait for years. Works some days, other days not so good. I usually make it with suckers.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I've found that fresh cut bait ( goldeyes, suckers) work great early in the season. Once the river warms to the 70 degree mark or so, frogs will out catch just about everything out there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts