Administrator
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Administrator
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Disappointed that there’s no uncut
The statement given was that he couldn't get his videos edited. Seems very uncharacteristic of him to that, or at least until recently. Something is very wrong with him lately.

Aside from that I thought it was a really solid show (not sure why the Cast and Conquer video link is private though I'll edit the post if I can find it). I did watch the premiere though but I won't really talk about it just yet. We will definitely be pretty busy on Mondays with 2.5 hours of content to watch.

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
567 Posts
Last I'd heard was that Aaron's vids were coming, but he hadn't finished editing YET.....he was hoping to have them ready for the premiere over the weekend, but they weren't quite there yet. But I believe they're still expected at some point...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Alright fellas I did some digging and Joe Cooper was the only person to give a different answer other than “he didn’t edit his videos”. Joe said: “Aaron was included in this competition, but recent events that demanded his focus and attention have prevented the video release that include his participation.” He also goes on to somewhat say it had something to do with money also, Joe also said in another reply that Aaron was cut.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Alright fellas I did some digging and Joe Cooper was the only person to give a different answer other than “he didn’t edit his videos”. Joe said: “Aaron was included in this competition, but recent events that demanded his focus and attention have prevented the video release that include his participation.” He also goes on to somewhat say it had something to do with money also, Joe also said in another reply that Aaron was cut.
Forgot to mention that the “recent events” is what I’m guessing is his attempt at becoming a politician

·
Registered
382 Posts
Jay posted today on Instagram. Aaron will not be posting his videos.

·
Administrator
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)

·
Administrator
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Administrator
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yep this is honestly somewhat of a mess with Uncut not uploading and Peric ditching very unexpectedly. Glad that it somehow worked out in the end.

Peric was at the ice fishing show and seemed to be normal, at least from what we could tell. Andrew told me that they're good friends and they still fish together. Though I would be pissed if my friend took off without a proper explanation to the point the police got involved and having to get a last minute sub and vehicle to finish the competition. Something isn't right with that guy.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Yep this is honestly somewhat of a mess with Uncut not uploading and Peric ditching very unexpectedly. Glad that it somehow worked out in the end.
Both are notorious for not having proper schedules and going months between content. Uncuts answer use to be "the sponsors don't pay the bills" and AP is all over the place at the best of time.
The worst part is they are light years ahead of anyone else (I love Jay but he just doesn't compare) and both had growing audiences.

Reactions: Poppa

·
Registered
567 Posts
Man, after watching last night's eps, I really wanna see Wiebe's vids now.......cripes, him and Tully must have had a good go of 'er. Hope that footage surfaces one day.

·
Administrator
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Day 4:

Team Catch And Cook (Jay Siemens + Josh McFaddin):

Team Fishin' Geeks (Adam + Sean Konrad):

Team Clayton Schick Outdoors (Clayton Schick + Adam Crawford):

Team Cast And Conquer (Andrew Walker + Alex Peric):

Team Frostbite (Joe Cooper + Dave Winters):

·
Administrator
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Man, after watching last night's eps, I really wanna see Wiebe's vids now.......cripes, him and Tully must have had a good go of 'er. Hope that footage surfaces one day.
I was initially concerned that their run was so disastrous that they didn't have any quality footage. However based on the number of points they got, that seems to be unlikely.

Editing is a lot of work no doubt but 10 other guys counting on you to do your part of the project would have been a strong motivator. Plus they had nearly a year to do so. Something just doesn't feel right.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Tried watching a few today and I can't really get into it. The editing of 48 hours was much more engaging

·
Administrator
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Tried watching a few today and I can't really get into it. The editing of 48 hours was much more engaging
Agreed. I'm glad that we have ice fishing content to watch and there are definitely some good highlight moments.

It just feels like 5 teams each doing their own show. In 39 hours, they had live updates so the teams could make adaptations to their strategies on the fly. Since GOI doesn't have a point stealing aspect, each team is pretty much sticking to a strategy planned out from the beginning.

Honestly 2.5 hours of videos a week is a lot to watch and lots of the videos have only one or two highlight moments in 30 minutes. Could have benefited from condensing into one big video per week honestly.

I'm going to watch till the end though. Definitely not as hyped up as 39 Hours but it's content.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts