Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how most forum members fish a slow death presentation.

I have mainly used a low stretch braid like Powerpro to a bottom bouncer and then a fluorocarbon leader tied to a Mustad slow death hook or a Mack Smile Blade/slow death hook with a half a nighcrawler. When I am canoeing in remote areas and can't take along live bait, I primarily use a Berkley Killer Crawlers ( never have tried a pinch crawler ?)

For most of my walleye fishing years ( since 1979) I have been an avid Lindy Riggin'n guy with a 2 hook floating worm crawler spinner harnesses . As an alternative I have tied on some slow death hooks with and without small propellers in front or just plain hooks or a Mack Smile Blade slow death hook with a 1/2 to 3/4 oz. Slip sinker in front. I have many times outfished my bottom bouncer setup with the Lindy Slip sinker presentation.

Somedays walleyes seem to want a bottom bouncer slow death setup and other days a Lindy rig slow death setup. Not sure why but they do?

What are your thoughts on a Lindy Rig slow death setup ?... I doubt hardly anyone uses a Lindy setup for slow death ?

Also, any feedback on best slow death hook types for roll action? ... Mustad, Trokar, Matzuo's Rip n Roll (formerly Death Roll), newer VMC death hook etc.

Also, stiff mono to slow death hook or limp mono or fluro to a slow death hook?

Merry Christmas

·
Registered
44 Posts
Slow death is my my default slow presentation for eyes. I generally run it clean perhaps a couple of beads but don't bother with a spinner...many however do. I tend to use a BB weight heavier than the popular 1 ozs per 10 FOW "rule". Like the Matzuo's but the Mustads have worked too.
Stiff fluoro leader...I use tippet material...is required for best action and less line twist....about 20" tied to a quality swivel. Have used everything from crawlers to Yum money minnows with success. Braid...mono don't think it matters much in BB.

The rod that serves me best is a moderate action.....don't think fast action is the best option for BB presentations.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.