Manitoba Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
loaded up the truck today (a bit later than planned but had to hit up costco before) and tried our luck at the float base north of town. about 2 and a half hours later we packed up and went home... minus any fish! ;) we loaded our tip-ups with spreader rigs tipped with shiners and we jigged with a variety of presentations including, jigging raps (plus a minnow head on the treble), live forage jigging spoons (once again... minnow heads) and even plain old 3/8oz jigs (pink and white) with a shiner. how have others faired at the float base? and if so what presentations are catching around selkirk lateley? at least a dozen shacks out and countless other guys in portables. and if anybody is wondering, about 2 feet of solid ice on the river.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Lol hit the lake catch lots more fish we limited out easy and lots of big ones too.

·
Registered
21 Posts
yea i thought i was gonna stink the place out the other day but a dink sauger saved my day! i want to try the lake but have never been and with the good luck i haVE my truck will be in pictures.....

·
Registered
21 Posts
LeeMB said:
Try to hook up with someone on this site and meet them out there to get you on the right track for Lake Winnipeg. It is a blast!
well thats what i've been trying to hint at. also never being in town doesn't help much.....

·
Registered
69 Posts
fishing has slowed down on the river but they are still there. Going big and loud to bring them in, but slow it down to get them to hit. i have had my best luck in 18-22 fow. Quite a few are suspended as well. Here is one form this morning.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts