Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gents, was just wondering if I could get some advise on tactics for getting shy fish to bite. Was on the red on Monday Feb 16, had the flasher going and marking fish like crazy. I could see them inspecting/fallowing my lures, but never commiting. I tried live target, different jig color combos (pink, green, glow white, orange, even threw a grub tail on a few), blade baits, spoons, rattle spoons. Was using shiners. Just couldn't get them to hit, still got a few, but felt I left a lot more under the ice. If anyone's got any advise or suggestions?, would greatly appreciate the knowledge, thank you

·
Banned
5,260 Posts
Hey gents, was just wondering if I could get some advise on tactics for getting shy fish to bite. Was on the red on Monday Feb 16, had the flasher going and marking fish like crazy. I could see them inspecting/fallowing my lures, but never commiting. I tried live target, different jig color combos (pink, green, glow white, orange, even threw a grub tail on a few), blade baits, spoons, rattle spoons. Was using shiners. Just couldn't get them to hit, still got a few, but felt I left a lot more under the ice. If anyone's got any advise or suggestions?, would greatly appreciate the knowledge, thank you
you don't know what they are, that's the issue. Could be suckers, goldeye, cats, who knows?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Had the exact same problem all weekend long on the red. Tons of marks, some big ones too. Tried all the same things you listed but only got a few burbot on dead sticks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.