Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 514 Posts
G

·

It actually has a bow mounted Trolling motor now (that I LOVE) ...This is my 3rd wife, my 2nd being my TV and 4th being my Truck ROFL...I hoping number 5 will be Natalie Portman.

·
Premium Member
4,805 Posts
I had some awesome days in my old leaky beater. I put a bow mount and some good electronics on it and that thing caught some fish, so don't don't worry about fancy. Nicest thing about having a less fancy boat is you arent worried about backcountry roads and crummy launches to get into some easy big bites. Now, with my newer Lund I pretty much stay away from crummy roads and hull scraper natural launches.....kind of a shame.

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
I bought my boat brand new and for the first year and a half I cryed and bitched about every chip and scratch now It barley bugs me, look at any ten year old boat and I'm sure most have some chips and scratches plus I have no plans to sell my boat and the fish don't seem to mind

Attachments

·
Registered
930 Posts
Mine is a 16' Grumman.

One of those boats I don't mind dumping in at even the most hairy "launches". I'm running a 4 stroke Suzuki 25, bow mount with co-pilot and auto-pilot and a decent finder/gps. I always said it's all I'll ever need, but I think I'll upgrade in a year or two.

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
This is my rig. 16' northwoods sport angler with a 40 merc. Added a 55 powerdrive v2 with ipilot. Livewell, sony marine stereo, full marine vinyl flooring. Shopping for a new gps/finder.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 514 Posts