Manitoba Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm planning going out to the Pine Point trail in the Whiteshell to spend the day in the area doing the hikes etc. Do any of you know any good spots along the Whiteshell River close to that site or if there's any other good shore spots in that area?

·
Registered
82 Posts
hey, there just pick an area at the bottom of the rapids, went there a few years back with just Pickrel rig and minnows did great. perch walleye and pike good numbers as well. I went last Saturday just for a walk with the dog and the wife nice trail but water is very low I remember we use to slide off the rock everywhere, you cant do it this year.....good luck.

·
Administrator
1,420 Posts
South of the junction of 307 and 309 is a bridge over some falls. I haven't fished there in many years but I used to catch some perch below the rapids using a float and worm. It was of my very first fishing outings ever. I imagine there must be fish that concentrate below rapids.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
977 Posts
hey, there just pick an area at the bottom of the rapids, went there a few years back with just Pickrel rig and minnows did great. perch walleye and pike good numbers as well. I went last Saturday just for a walk with the dog and the wife nice trail but water is very low I remember we use to slide off the rock everywhere, you cant do it this year.....good luck.
Lost hooks and fishing line in an already high danger area for swimming. There were signs in the past not do either, to reach there own.

Reactions: pparboji

·
Registered
241 Posts
South of the junction of 307 and 309 is a bridge over some falls. I haven't fished there in many years but I used to catch some perch below the rapids using a float and worm. It was of my very first fishing outings ever. I imagine there must be fish that concentrate below rapids.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Rainbow falls.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts