Manitoba Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
G

·
I just took a second look at that chart. And under closer inspection the 8-12" is car safe and represented by a BMW. That is alot of trust.

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
NO ICE IS EVER 100% SAFE.The chart i posted has been around almost as long as i have :lol: These thicknesses are the minimum for the activity listed.It's up to the individual to decide whether to venture onto the ice.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Its probably an average man, but right now the Ice is over 3ft thick on the lake so bring the entire football team of you want... And an extension

·
Registered
3 Posts
we are all waitin with "baited" breath for the season to start. Thanks for the chart Andy. Even with the chart, we all need to exercise caution as ice conditions always change. A spring, road run-off, and wind can effect ice thickness and safeness. A safe season to all.

da boys..

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ya gotta factor in the pressure ridges/heaves as well. Again, as was posted already, no ice is 100% safe. And since I am an above average guy, it is more critical for me to be cautious.

·
Banned
1,849 Posts
MNTMAN said:
You know what.....I was on 4" of ice this past Saturday it was solid 4". Didnt move at all! I am 6'5 300#s and I could jump on it.....just remember, you should still use extreme caution when on any ice!
Sounds to me like a 300 lb man jumping up and down on 4 inches of ice is extreme alright. Don`t know about the caution part though :shock: ;)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Checked out Rock Lake Yesterday. Were 3 full sized crew cabs and a tacoma on the ice so I ventured on with my 1/2 ton - drove slowly and ice was cracking as I drove. Drilled 2 holes and found ice to be 10" thick. I drove back off the ice. Guys were catching jacks close in to shore.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts