Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious if anyone could tell me if the water is really high at Rushing River campground. I am going there in a couple weeks for holidays and trying to decide on bringing my boat.

·
Registered
134 Posts
My cottage is on Dogtooth Lake connected to Rushing River (probably where you plan to fish) and the water has went down by a fair bit in the last 3 weeks. Can't speak for rushing river but the rest of the lake is probably still a half foot above "normal" levels this time of year but much better than what it was before.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My cottage is on Dogtooth Lake connected to Rushing River (probably where you plan to fish) and the water has went down by a fair bit in the last 3 weeks. Can't speak for rushing river but the rest of the lake is probably still a half foot above "normal" levels this time of year but much better than what it was before.
Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
60 Posts
I was curious if anyone could tell me if the water is really high at Rushing River campground. I am going there in a couple weeks for holidays and trying to decide on bringing my boat.
I'll be up there camping for a couple weeks too, just fishing from shore and with canoe and kids.

I haven't had much luck, but will try a bit harder this year. I've seen a guy fly fishing on the lower falls trail, I don't know if he knew something I didn't.

If you happen to know any areas or other lakes that we may have success in, I'd love to hear if you are willing to disclose (via PM if needed).

We love the area.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll be up there camping for a couple weeks too, just fishing from shore and with canoe and kids.

I haven't had much luck, but will try a bit harder this year. I've seen a guy fly fishing on the lower falls trail, I don't know if he knew something I didn't.

If you happen to know any areas or other lakes that we may have success in, I'd love to hear if you are willing to disclose (via PM if needed).

We love the area.
I have always just fished from shore there and had luck with plastic worms around dead fall.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have always just fished from shore there and had luck with plastic worms around dead fall.
Thanks....we have caught on small spoons and then around the docks with worms/leaches.

I have some knock-off Amazon Senko worms, I'll give them a try this year.

·
Registered
134 Posts
If you decide to keep the boat at home and are into multi-species fishing, you should bring a rod or two and hike over to Blindfold lake. Have caught a good variety of sunfish as well as rock bass and crappies that can be caught right where the highway touches the lake in the reeds and rocks there. Also has largemouth, haven't caught one yet though.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you decide to keep the boat at home and are into multi-species fishing, you should bring a rod or two and hike over to Blindfold lake. Have caught a good variety of sunfish as well as rock bass and crappies that can be caught right where the highway touches the lake in the reeds and rocks there. Also has largemouth, haven't caught one yet though.
Is there parking near by? Or do you park at the store and walk along the highway?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Is there parking near by? Or do you park at the store and walk along the highway?
If it's where I'm thinking off, it's more S of the General Store and has some places to at least pull over and/or maybe even pull in on one of the small fire roads.

The lake touches the highway right at the arrow and there is a sign/road just N of it a hundred yards back or so.

Plant Road surface Tree Motor vehicle Asphalt

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If it's where I'm thinking off, it's more S of the General Store and has some places to at least pull over and/or maybe even pull in on one of the small fire roads.

The lake touches the highway right at the arrow and there is a sign/road just N of it a hundred yards back or so.

View attachment 121526
Thanks I may have to give it a try

·
Registered
134 Posts

View attachment 121526
This is the exact spot! Well done Bravo. Just a heads up I have been checked by CO's there before so don't forget license and all that. And keep track of sunfish species I'm trying to see how many the lake has :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts