Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone been out having any luck on Rock Lake, Pelican Lake, Stephenfield, or anywhere else in south central Manitoba?

·
Registered
602 Posts
My experiences for these lakes within past 2 weeks.
Rock lake- extremely slow/ dead
Lake minnewasta- dead
Mary Jane- dead
Last I heard is pelican is very slow aswell I haven't traveled that way yet, but stephenfield was pretty decent for tiny perch and pike. In general southern central has been complete crap this year. I suggest going to LW and u won't look back. First time I ever went was 2 weeks ago and it made these lakes look pretty sad.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Fished Rock yesterday from about 11:00 until 7:00. Very slow, no walleye seen on camera, a pike came by once in a while, Kept one to feed the wife, let a small one go and lost a nice sized one when he got caught up with my camera cable. Obviously a veteran move on his part. Talked to several others and everyone had similar experiences.

Reactions: Devo

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lake minnewasta- dead
Mary Jane- dead
Last I heard is pelican is very slow aswell I haven't traveled that way yet, but stephenfield was pretty decent for tiny perch and pike. In general southern central has been complete crap this year. I suggest going to LW and u won't look back. First time I ever went was 2 weeks ago and it made these lakes look pretty sad.
My experience on Minnewasta has been the same. While I am a seasoned angler on Lake of the Woods in the summer I don't have much experience hard water fishing. How does a guy get started on Lake Winnipeg without having every fished up there before?

·
Registered
602 Posts
2 weeks ago I hit the big lake for my first time ever and having no experience and no idea what to use, I just did my research and found the info such as depth, part of the lake to fish, but depth is the most important from what I learned. Did very well from my point of view of catching 14 fish but the locals will call that a slow day.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Lake minnewasta- dead
Mary Jane- dead
We were out on Stephenfield yesterday afternoon on the south side. Nobody seemed to having much luck on our side. 24' water. Sonar showed a pretty regular stream of small fish 8 - 12' down and the occasional large fish near the bottom that couldn't be enticed to take the lure. We were tipping varies sized spoons, rattle baits and jigging raps with salties.

Next time I go out there I'll take the N side as that's where the shacks are. The locals must know something we didn't.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Was at Mary jane today for 4 hours. We marked a bunch but zero bites. Tried a few different presentations. It's gonna be a sad fishing derby there if it dont turn on soon

·
Registered
26 Posts
Have fished rock lake almost every weekend this year, it's been slow. First few trips had some pike come around with a smaller walleye. Last time was pretty much dead. 2 fish over 2 days.. hopefully it picks up soon. Will probably be out that way on the weekend again.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
89 Posts
We hit Sandy Lake Saturday and landed 3 large slew sharks on live minnows. No walleye. Sunday I tried Pelican lake. Not even a bite. Neighbour caught a large shark on smelts. Travel was ok on both lakes.

·
Registered
789 Posts
On Stephfield today. Travel is still ok in a vehicle but bring your rubbers. 6-8 inches of water pretty much everywhere we traveled.

Few perch and a few Hammer Handles.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Fished the east end this weekend. 4 each day between 3 guys. Biggest was a 36" pike.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Haven't been in a few weeks but if I were to take a guess I'd say plan to walk on or quad, truck travel anywhere in the southern region wouldn't be advised.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts