Manitoba Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Where is everyone fishing out there. The big pond Larfarge or the smaller ponds to the east?
depends what kind of fish you want.
Bass in Larfarge
Trout in Reyonds (might be the odd small largie as well)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've never heard of this place. is the fishing decent? I have a couple of young boys I want to take out. We went to Lockport a couple of times last year and that was good but now you can't fish there apparently so I'm looking for an easy access place to fish where the action is decent.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I've never heard of this place. is the fishing decent? I have a couple of young boys I want to take out. We went to Lockport a couple of times last year and that was good but now you can't fish there apparently so I'm looking for an easy access place to fish where the action is decent.
Reynolds is great I fly fish there in the summertime but I haven’t tried it for ice fishing yet (only gotninto ice fishing this year) but I’ll be trying it soon.

You can get trout in some of the ponds and largemouths in lafarge. The action should be good it’s usually well stocked I got a a lot of fish there this past summer.

However if you’re looking for something easy access and more convenient I wouldn’t recommend it. I’d recommend you go to Lyon’s lake access is very easy and convenient and you don’t have to go too far to get fish just right by the shoreline in about 10-15fow. Better there if you’re taking your kids as Reynolds is pretty out of the way and getting in can be tricky! Tight lines!

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I wouldn't waste your time. Not exactly a family fishing outing type of place and the action is not plentiful. It also won't be easily accessible as winter carries on. It's only so accessible now because of the low snowfall levels.
If you do go, might as well bring a few shotguns to shoot off. That's what a lot of other people do! Lol!

·
Administrator
5,017 Posts
Road would be passable, trails in to the ponds might be drifty. Does any one still actually catch trout there? Been years since I've been there. Don't really have the desire to do so anymore because they have pretty much turned into a scenic garbage dump compared to 30 years ago when I was a kid.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Road would be passable, trails in to the ponds might be drifty. Does any one still actually catch trout there? Been years since I've been there. Don't really have the desire to do so anymore because they have pretty much turned into a scenic garbage dump compared to 30 years ago when I was a kid.
few big browns got stock last year. no idea if they are still around or not

·
Registered
76 Posts

Big browns are still being caught thru the ice there but how many are in there?...no clue

·
Registered
136 Posts

It’s definitely not what it used to be. We like to take the dogs swimming at the old Lafarge pit. Kinda like having “dead” dogs for half a day when we get home lol.

Twice this year I saw a younger guy and girl just come out and do clean up. It was nice to see. Like everywhere else I go, I always come back with more garage than I brought in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
91 Posts
Are you guys fishing in the ponds to the east or in Lafarge pit?

If the ponds to the east is there any specific pond which would be my best bet? I would like to take my nephew and girlfriend out for a happy day of fishing.

Thx all

1 - 20 of 22 Posts