Manitoba Fishing Forum - The Premier Fishing Forum Of Manitoba banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody been up by sandy bar by riverton recently? I have not been on LW yet this season and thinking about taking the family up there tomorrow. How are the ice roads? We'll have 2 vehicles, mine's a truck by the other vehicle is a car. Are the ice roads decent enough to get on there? And will I need an auger extension or be fine without one?

TYIA!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anybody been up by sandy bar by riverton recently? I have not been on LW yet this season and thinking about taking the family up there tomorrow. How are the ice roads? We'll have 2 vehicles, mine's a truck by the other vehicle is a car. Are the ice roads decent enough to get on there? And will I need an auger extension or be fine without one?

TYIA!
Well there isn’t really an ice road just tracks
Truck will be fine, car I wouldn’t attempt
Should be ok with out an extension.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes the town plowed ice roads out about 1.5kms north and then 1.5kms east with a loop to the south. A car can get on no problem. Just park the car off to the side on the ice road and walk to a spot. A truck or 4 wheel vehicle can drive off the ice road and find a spot.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Plowed but better to get off the ice road and go further. Been there 3 times and fishing isn't that great. Lots of marks yesterday but only two walleye.
31" of ice, didn't need extension, but it's on anyways.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts