Manitoba Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was out a number of times over the last 2 weeks taking out the girls as well as my Good Buddies and their kids for some family fun on the Red. Nice to have a few relaxing days on the river rather the hardcore run and gun catfish producing mindset. The river has really slowed down over the last week. Tons of boats all across the face of the dam.....too bad it is over a month too late and the action is only marginal there now. people are catching a few here and there and some are even getting decent numbers but nothing compared to what it should be like when it is HOT!

I have not been able to fish 80% of my spots this year due to the racing current but that changed in a big way saturday night! after poking a few at the Dam and not seeing much from the other boats there we moved down river to a spot I fished with Ty a few weeks back. The water has dropped approx 2 feet since then but we dragged in a few cats there as well. So we have been out for a couple of hours, landed 5 cats and I am just about to hunker down in my chair to put my feet up..... and my "catfish spoiled" girlfriend gives me the " where's the fish, arn't you a catfish guide" jab........ :roll: GAME ON!

So to make a long story short we get on one of my spots and managed to get set up after some manuvering and re-rigging. Rod goes in, rods goes out, rod goes in....you get the picture. 9 big Cats with and a couple of lost fish in one hour, a double header, a triple header and the peanut gallery is quiet...lol. After a few fish each the girls can't reel in anymore because their arms are too sore. What happened to the girl who could reel in 15 cats in one trip all by herself? lol just out of shape I guess.

All joking aside It was a great few hours. We got 14 cats in 3 1/2 hours and more importantly ...the river is open for business. I can't wait to run the gauntlet on the next trip. :D

·
Registered
122 Posts
Man I like the post,the river is slowing down!!!!Awesome,I'd be there this coming weekend but I have a camp site reservered up at Bird........Hope there is still time to get at the cats with the fall run coming so fast!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
i was out last night almost 20 cats from 6:30 to 11 not too bad size wasnt huge biggest was 36" but it was bloody fun getting a 32.5 on my little 6ft light action goldeye rod.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts