Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after a long time coming I had the great pleasure of hooking up with Donovan from Blackwater Cats Tuesday night. Was a great night of sharing cat war stories and swapping a few trade secrets. Both of us headed out thinking we both knew just about everything there was to know about cattin, only to walk away both learning something a little new.

The night was something to remember. Starting the trip off we where met with high gusting winds that did not get us down. We landed 4 cats within the first 30 minutes of our trip. After a nice round one we pulled anchor and headed up river a bit. Donovan and his great knowledge of the river put us on one of his honey holes and we where welcomed with an amazing Moon lit Horizon. Followed by front row seats to a pretty aggressive lightning show and down pour, these river rats where not phased. After facing off with mother nature another 15 cats where put in the boat. Along with a very crazy and jumbled double header (pic below) that ended in not only the 2 biggest cats of the night but a broken rod as well. With round 2 at a close we pulled anchor and once again where put on another one of Donovan's favorite spots for round 3 and our final round. Round 3 started off a bit slower but quickly turned into some fun and on the 3rd fish of round 3 and my final fish of the evening I made my sacrifice to the cat gods as my bait caster's gears decided they where done for the night. Thanks to some quick thinking from Donovan the fish was landed. Shortly later the final fish of the night was landed and probably the most special to Donovan regardless of size as he got to prove that Goldeye can still catch some fish with these currently picky kitties.

23 cats put in the boat Tuesday night and regardless of mother nature broken gear and being soaking wet. It was a night to remember that I am sure both of us will be talking about for a while.

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was fun for sure. But Donovan is right. Was a bit weird to land, take pics, release. Then look at each other and go hey man we are not where we use to be any more.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts