Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if someone can give some insight into what the fishing is like there. What species are typically caught there? Is it fairly easy access and if so, has anyone seen what the conditions are like this year?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Fishing is poor if you want big fish. If you’re ok with 6-9” trout and the occasional bass you can have fun. All depends what your expectations are. I take my kids and they have a blast. It’s pretty boring for me. Also, stay away on weekends and especially long weekends. It’s a shit show with drunks and teenagers. Have not been since ice was off so can’t tell you about road conditions, but with the high water this year I would probably not venture without a 4wd truck for another week or two. But maybe I’m wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just wondering if someone can give some insight into what the fishing is like there. What species are typically caught there? Is it fairly easy access and if so, has anyone seen what the conditions are like this year?

Thanks in advance!
Was there last weekend and was able to get there with a sedan but not much fish there at least not for us..only small maybe 6inch trout

·
Registered
993 Posts
Was there last weekend and was able to get there with a sedan but not much fish there at least not for us..only small maybe 6inch trout
How is the last bad spot before the pits? When I was there last clearance and 4x4 was needed

·
Registered
2 Posts
How is the last bad spot before the pits? When I was there last clearance and 4x4 was needed
Not sure where exactly you mean since I have only been there a few times but if it helps we went all the way to the last pond on the left side..we weren’t able to drive all the way around the ponds with the sedan though but saw a few people with SUVs do it but we were able to go right next to the ponds in the front

·
Registered
993 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts