Manitoba Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headed out for the first trip of thr year today morning, fished the whole day with 5 Saugers (8 to 10 inches) to show for our efforts. We started at Sugar (17 FOW) and fished half the day then finshed the other half of the day at CIL (12 FOW). Both spots gave the same results it was just a slow day out there. Great to be out and drillin again! We did latch on to a big suspended fish but dropped it after it swam into the other line in the tent. I will be out on the weekend for sure, hopefully the warm front will get em goin a bit.

NOTICE FOR ALL ANGLERS!!! Anyone that is heading out this weekend and thinks they can march around all over the river may find themselves in a world of trouble, the ice is by no means good all over and varies from spot to spot, you can by all means fish but proper safety percautions are a must! Ice picks, PFD, and Spud bar are nessecities when fishing this time of year. We found 3.5 inches of good ice at Sugar today! and I will be honest boys it was not a good feeling. Went from 6"s to 3.5"s in a matter of feet! So please lets all be MORE than careful this weekend. I am giving such a detailed report cause I dont wanna hear bout any of my fellow anglers goin through. Tightlines guys and have a great weekend out there hopefully some monsters get caught, they are definetly there!

G

·
Appreciate the report. This time of year is very dangerous and your report on the ice conditions and current fluctuations hopefully keeps a level head on our fellow anglers as they head out.

·
Registered
479 Posts
KFD-18 said:
X-67 worked amazing! I tell ya Manitoba Anglers is such garbage compared to this forum. You guys are doing a great job with this one, really apprechiate it boys!
Let's hope that the "A-holes" don't find their way here.

·
Premium Member
5,159 Posts
LDB Bass Hunter said:
[quote="KFD-18":bel8nfpk]X-67 worked amazing! I tell ya Manitoba Anglers is such garbage compared to this forum. You guys are doing a great job with this one, really apprechiate it boys!
Let's hope that the "A-holes" don't find their way here.[/quote:bel8nfpk]Some have registered but haven't made a post yet.Should some of the rowdies appear we will make them go away real quick.No drama allowed on this site just a group of individuals who share a passion for caching the finned critters beneath the H2O :cool:

·
Premium Member
7,687 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I will be out all weekend too Mike, probabaly gonna hit the Red on Saturday and then depending on Saturday's results I will either be on the East side of LW or the Red on Sunday. Should be a beautiful weekend!

·
Registered
479 Posts
big bruther said:
[quote="LDB Bass Hunter":3kei4ejb][quote="KFD-18":3kei4ejb]X-67 worked amazing! I tell ya Manitoba Anglers is such garbage compared to this forum. You guys are doing a great job with this one, really apprechiate it boys!
Let's hope that the "A-holes" don't find their way here.[/quote:3kei4ejb]Some have registered but haven't made a post yet.Should some of the rowdies appear we will make them go away real quick.No drama allowed on this site just a group of individuals who share a passion for caching the finned critters beneath the H2O :cool:[/quote:3kei4ejb]

Right On Andy....we'll have to go gator hunting soon.

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
LDB Bass Hunter said:
[quote="KFD-18":2nlejusc]X-67 worked amazing! I tell ya Manitoba Anglers is such garbage compared to this forum. You guys are doing a great job with this one, really apprechiate it boys!
Let's hope that the "A-holes" don't find their way here.[/quote:2nlejusc] no worries in that department...

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
KFD-18 said:
Headed out for the first trip of thr year today morning, fished the whole day with 5 Saugers (8 to 10 inches) to show for our efforts. We started at Sugar (17 FOW) and fished half the day then finshed the other half of the day at CIL (12 FOW). Both spots gave the same results it was just a slow day out there. Great to be out and drillin again! We did latch on to a big suspended fish but dropped it after it swam into the other line in the tent. I will be out on the weekend for sure, hopefully the warm front will get em goin a bit.

NOTICE FOR ALL ANGLERS!!! Anyone that is heading out this weekend and thinks they can march around all over the river may find themselves in a world of trouble, the ice is by no means good all over and varies from spot to spot, you can by all means fish but proper safety percautions are a must! Ice picks, PFD, and Spud bar are nessecities when fishing this time of year. We found 3.5 inches of good ice at Sugar today! and I will be honest boys it was not a good feeling. Went from 6"s to 3.5"s in a matter of feet! So please lets all be MORE than careful this weekend. I am giving such a detailed report cause I dont wanna hear bout any of my fellow anglers goin through. Tightlines guys and have a great weekend out there hopefully some monsters get caught, they are definetly there!
Thanks for the info James :cool:

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
i put this post up on the "other" forum so ill put it here too....yesterday (the 8th) i went out with my dad's friend. total counts was ten eyes (17-25"), handull of sauger, 1 goldeye, and a 28' burbot. we fished from 8-12 in around 13fow. i got the vast majority of the fish and most of them were caught on a live target. lite bites. stingers are a must two of the eyes we got were on deadstick and we never would have gotten them if it werent for the stingers. we marked a ton of fish and alot were chasing at depths (mark fish in 13dt, jig up to ten....fish follows to 10ft....) the fish that hit my target did so pretty aggresivly. but still a lite bite overall. there was 7-8 inches of ice where i am fishing. all fish were released except the goldeye who has the unfortunate luck of becoming future pike/laker bait. i look forward to seeing everyone on the lake once the ice gets a bit thicker

·
Registered
479 Posts
offshoreonly said:
was suppose to go again this morning but didnt hear my alarm, going tommarow most likly. hope to see some people out!
Hey offshore......I was the fellow you talked to at wholesale on Friday.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts