Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The prolonged high water this year has served the pickerel fishing down in Morris and St Jean quite well. There have been quite a few 28" plus Greenbacks pulled out in both locations. I was finally able to get out yesterday for a couple hours in the PM / early evening (hockey, hunting, and family have been keeping me to busy up to now). We managed to pull out a couple of nice ~19-20" eaters and a ~22" Burbot (super fat and I am assuming full of eggs, back down the whole to grow and reproduce). I saw another 4-5 greens in the same length range pulled out by a group of 4 guys. Bite seemed to start about 3:30. On prolonged low water years it is unheard of to be catching decent numbers of pickerel down here and only seems to be the case when the Red stays high for long period of time. Also got one of my sister in laws out for her first time and she is converted already. Plan on getting out there again this Saturday AM before the family gatherings start.

On a side note I picked up a Mister Twister Electric Fisherman (my first electric filleting knife) recently and tested it out last night on the greens. I am now regretting not getting one sooner because of the superb job you can with it. I was amazed at how much better it works than even a super sharp normal filleting knife, and how clean of a cut / fillet you can get with it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts