Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
k-southman I drove from CIL road to EOM of main and counted 7 people ice fishing yesterday including someone in a tent before the Bridge to nowhere. Would not catch me alive in a tent there so early but thats his problem. Ill wait a few weeks don't need an ice dip this year.

Reactions: PrarieSurfer

·
Registered
63 Posts
Was at CIL today - decent quality clear ice. Never mind a little open water at shore :oops:. Out in the channel in 15 FOW we popped 3 holes and each one had at least 5 inches. Lots of people out - even an impromptu skate practice!

Fishing was so so; marked lots of channel cats that wouldn't bite and couldn't care about a rattle bait. The few saugers and greenbacks that marked were slow to commit but we managed to ice a few nonetheless.

Warm weather over the next few days may weaken the ice so anyone contemplating venturing out should still take all precautions despite my experience today.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Right on Carcus good to hear you are using your noodle. Play Safe! LOL Myself Im a fair weather ice fisher Ill wait for thicker ice no rushing for this guy. Lots of winter unfortunately. Any Normie new guys here that's code for if your new to ice fishing or generally don't know what your doing stay off the ice for awhile, no ones want to drown. 10-4 over and out

1 - 8 of 8 Posts