Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
The current is very strong right now on the Red river in Lockport, it would be pretty tough to keep your bait from washing into shore. Best bet in Lockport would be around the floodway where the current is lighter.

Wayne

·
Registered
5,283 Posts
I drive over the floodway to work everday and the water levels have dropped a lot since the start of the season. It's not at summer levels by any stretch, but it's definitely coming down. I also called Red River Cats and they said they're not allowing anyone to launch but may open up the launch in a few weeks. That's how bad the current is right now.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
There removing the dike they built across the entrance to boat launch in Selkirk right now and have the docks stacked up so should not be long before its open. River dropped by about 3 - 4 feet since last Friday.

·
Registered
5,283 Posts
There removing the dike they built across the entrance to boat launch in Selkirk right now and have the docks stacked up so should not be long before its open. River dropped by about 3 - 4 feet since last Friday.
Spillway has dropped markedly since last week. It's almost at normal June levels. So expecting red to be going in the same direction.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
I walked from my house to Selkirk Park and unfortunately nothing rocking there yet. I go to shack at entrance to the launch and ask the guy there whats up. He points to a big piece of paper on the wall as he puts a mark on it and says 123 so I am like what?? and he says I am the 123 person to ask that question today. Guess I'm not alone in my interest. LOL

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
How many guys were there counting? That's a lot of fingers and toes to get to 123.
No clue but he had the old 4 lines with a fifth drawn thru and there were 20 something of them. Before i even managed to leave another guy rolled up and I over heard him ask same thing. LOL

• Haha
Reactions: abousetta

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Simple answer not my decision to make. Call the city office.
Hmm you seem to think I was irritated with the guys answer, quite the opposite found it amusing. Im sure every year they get inundated with the same question over and over and over. I have all the time in the world so no biggy to me.

Reactions: BravoDeltaRomeo

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts