Manitoba Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I'm not gonna say that I'm a pro at ice fishing for rainbow trout. BUT, I will say where and when I have ice fished for them. I have had strikes and have caught fish.

Since I don't have a flasher, I tend to look at the shoreline to find any weeds, beaver lodges etc, and no more than. 30 ft from shore around those.

I use a 1/8-1/16 pink jig head with a small white twisty tail and smother it with the pink berkley trout paste. And jig fast and small, and take a break.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Does time of Day make a difference? My lake is beside the house so I can go out anytime but have yet too (I know its horrible). Just wondering if it was worth it to even go out there tonite, depending how ambitious I'm feeling. Setup the shack, drill a hole, and dump a tub or two of old minnows in there? Bag of corn? Then come back tomorrow, likely around noon when I get up, and fish for awhile?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I can't say I have fished at night. But, I have found that sunrise and sunset are the best.

Though, if you are fishing all day, as long as you are located on a weed line. I'd say you would have luck.

When it comes to minnows and corn. Depends on what lake you are fishing,

I only fish the FLPPR, lakes, and they are no bait what so ever . It's only lure and artificial bait.

Hope this can help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts