Manitoba Fishing Forum - The Premier Fishing Forum Of Manitoba banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Doesn't even need to be a monster fish. Too many times I've had mediocre smallies pull me into rock faces or docks. Is it ever awkward to fight a fish with one hand and paddle away from danger with the other. But man is it ever fun!

·
Registered
707 Posts
was just watching WFN (work is really slow), on the Jackson Kayak fishing show they were in Cabo Mexico and reeled in a Marlin on a Yak. Mind you they had a motorized charter with them for the film crew so which in turn allowed it not to get out of hand and the angler did not have to worry about being dragged way out to sea. but imagine sinking your hook into one if you were by yourself or with just another yak bud. that would be insane ha.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Here's a video of a professional Kayak fisherman from Australia pulling it (and then some) off without a film crew. And he paddles out to his spots, none of this being boated out there nonsense. Probably one of the best ocean kayak fishing videos out there:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dStlDWtQvS8[/ame]

·
Registered
151 Posts
Anyone who wants to go out with me, I'm going Musky hunting from the yak this summer, going to be sweet pulling in a 50+" hog in the yak! I agree with shooter, catching any fish from a yak is insane fun!

·
Registered
195 Posts
After 15+ years working for the same company, might be making a serious life changing decision.
If I take this new job, I probably won't be out on, in, or around anything to do with fishing. Never mind yaking. Pending the schedule of course.
..... :sad: :cya: :sad: .....

21 - 26 of 26 Posts