Manitoba Fishing Forum - The Premier Fishing Forum Of Manitoba banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is the update on Prudens Creek:
Headed out his morning with Higgins following. Got to the Mud Trail to the creek, never have seen it this bad. Realy got messed up I think this fall or early winter when the ground was still soft. Deep ruts and large divots until you hit the narrow stretch going through the reeds just before the creek. Since I had the snowmobile on the deck of the truck I made it through though very cautiously. The condition of the creek is not too bad though there where signs of previous soft spots. The last half kilometer of the creek there is a little more snow building up with almost no previous truck travel on it.
When you get to the mouth that is when you shake your head a bit from previous years of using the creek. It must of been a very good year for bull-brushes and marsh grasses for growing this summer. Right now it looks like only quads and snowmobiles will get through the narrow path winding it's way through.
Lake travel is okay as long as you are traveling slowly with some rough patches to the mouth as well as glare ice and packed snowdrifts up to two feet high. Thanks againg Higgins for tagging along to see that I made it back in one piece.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I went on at prudens today and like precious mentioned the bull rushes are crazy at the mouth snow packed and probably 4-5' deep, it will be tracked vehicles only this year

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I went on at prudens today and like precious mentioned the bull rushes are crazy at the mouth snow packed and probably 4-5' deep, it will be tracked vehicles only this year

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
How did you do? We had a slow day. I managed a fat 26" in 12 FOW, and lost one at the top of the hole. Not much for marks in 3 places.
There were at least 8 trailers parked but didn't see too many people so I figure they went way out there?

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
How did you do? We had a slow day. I managed a fat 26" in 12 FOW, and lost one at the top of the hole. Not much for marks in 3 places.
There were at least 8 trailers parked but didn't see too many people so I figure they went way out there?
We were probably 3km out from shore, fishing was slow but managed a 26" and a few 20-22"ers, we started at noon, evening bite was non existent

1 - 6 of 6 Posts