Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PROVINCE INTRODUCES TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS IN EASTERN MANITOBA

Due to the continued drying of the forests in eastern Manitoba, Manitoba Conservation is now implementing travel restrictions in eastern Manitoba. These precautions are necessary to reduce the risk of human-caused wildfires.

Under these travel restrictions:

backcountry travel, including all-terrain vehicles, will not be permitted;
canoeing and boating will be restricted to developed shorelines;
camping will only be allowed in developed campgrounds; and
aircraft will only be permitted to use lakes with developed shorelines or docks.

These restrictions are in addition to a fire ban in the region. Using propane and gas appliances with caution is still permitted.

The eastern region includes the areas from the Manitoba border in the south to Bissett and Hollow Water in the north, and east of La Broquerie, Richer and the Brokenhead Ojibway First Nation and along the eastern edge of Lake Winnipeg to the Ontario border. The region includes Birds Hill Provincial Park, Whiteshell Provincial Park, the North-West Angle Provincial Forest, Grand Beach Provincial Park, Nopiming Provincial Park and Sandilands Provincial Forest.

The hours of operation for forestry, mining and quarry operations in these areas remain limited to 8 p.m. to noon the following day.

Fires can be reported to Manitoba Conservation by calling toll-free 1-800-782-0076. Further information on these restrictions may be obtained from the local Conservation office, by calling the information line at 204-345-1444 or viewing the updated fire report at www.gov.mb.ca/cgi-bin/fire/show_current ... ire-Update.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: PROVINCE INTRODUCES TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS IN EASTERN MANIT

Just have to say. Our rivers and lakes are flooded and our forests are dried up. What a weird year.

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts

With the tinder dry conditions i hope that the smokers(i'm one of them) do not just toss their lit butts out the window while travelling the roads.Far too many fires are caused this way which could easily be prevented by simply using the ashtray.Most vehicles have them.

·
Banned
1,953 Posts

We got Evacuated from Nopiming Provincial Park today and that Road still Sucks New Stone just put down Not A good idea to take a good boat down there when and if it opens up again beat the poop out of the Trailer and Canoes

Helicopter Landed near our camp site Coolest thing ever i will post pics when i get them

Fishing was ok only had 1 full eve and 1 full day Son got a nice 19in Bass but no camera in the Boat

·
Registered
42 Posts

was at big Whiteshell on the weekend the water level are low havent seen them this low in a while rocks showing that used to be under water. drove past rennie river it looks like it is mostly just a bog.after all the rain we had this year i am a little surprized to see this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts