Manitoba Fishing Forum - The Premier Fishing Forum Of Manitoba banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i’ve got a 6x12 pop up tent. went out fishing yesterday with a breeze but not extreme and the sides would pop in from the breeze. i anchored down all 6 but thought it was excessive to anchor down the parts where you pop up with the slight breeze... it was also not very stable in the tent it would shake. just looking for some tips on how to make the tent sit stable and for the sides to not pop in.as well, looking around the lake all the other peoples tents were stable without the pop out areas tied down.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Anchor all the hubs that are facing the wind, if possible put a corner facing the wind. Don’t anchor the bottom middle anchor points to tight. Park the truck to block wind, I always put my heater on the opposite side of the wind. So it doesn’t pop in on it. The big tents catch lots of wind.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
The long side of a double hub (12') tent is like a sail. Setting it up with the short side (6') into to the wind will help substantially. I like to fish the lake while facing North or South but with a decent N/S wind in a double hub, I would definitely sacrifice direction.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts