Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was going head to LOTW with a buddy on Tue because the lake is on FIRE right now, like shooting fish in a barrel, but we figure we would take a poke at pine falls and start looking around as I got some guests trips coming up. (would have loved to have a few more 50 to 100 fish days on the woods this year but pine falls was calling).

Caught a ton of fish and managed 6 good eater greenbacks but it was a very light bite for the greens and they are not there in force yet. By buddy Ian had a blast jigging up eight different species on my Marcum LX-5 Flasher rigged for open water. Man he had a blast. walleye, sauger, perch, white ass, drum, catfish, pike, mooneye all on my flasher. I could not pull him away from the screen.

there is Zero current at pine falls right now. I hope we get some rain to get the water moving or it might not be what we expect. The Red might really turn on this year? only time will tell. a couple of weeks.....

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
Planning on taking my daughter out to Pine Falls tomorrow. Hope we can find a few of those greenbacks. Were you fishing the river of the bay, on just curious how deep you were fishing?\\
Thanks for any info you can provide.\\

·
Banned
2,212 Posts
Was out today (Monday) from 8:30 - 14:30.
Was a tough bite today.
Don't know if was wrong technique and/or choice of locations.

Sparp Pt.
North side of Bruyere Pt.
East side of Bruyer Pt.
Only managed a couple of Perch and some small Sauger.

Whats up with the Coast Guard not putting out markers this year?
Especially at Treaty Rocks ... someone is going to lose a lower end if not worse. :eek:
Charts or no charts those navigational aids are an immense help to those that don't frequent these waters on a regular basis (like DF).

·
Registered
201 Posts
Saw you out there today dream finder. I think we were loading up at the same time? Nice boat by the way!
Had the same luck you did, and talked to a few others and they had the same luck. So I think we will blame this one on the bite and not on our technique!!! I was the blue Smokercraft at the launch. I'm sure we'll see you again during the fall run.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I fished PF/TB a week ago , same results like bwc, multi speicies being caught, close to out limit on eater eyes but really had to work for it.

Gotta watch out for those cold fronts... they'll turn off the in a heartbeat. I'll be there this week to check it out once again.

Ken

·
Banned
2,212 Posts
I wrote and spoke with Canadian Coast Guard services (in Parry Sound).
They were not aware of the buoy markers not being placed.
They looked into it and found a file about the area.
The markers were not installed due to extreme currents earlier this year.

I made them aware that there hasn't been much current for a few months.
The employee did investigate and has reported to me (this morning) that the markers have been placed.

Safe boating everyone. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts